Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shining Inheritance Episode 1

I just finished watching the first episode of Shining Inheritance! yayy! I'm definitely going to finish this series. After Spring Waltz, I haven't really watched as much melodramatic korean series since it really aches my heart to watch them. But because of the reviews for SI, I came to conclude that this series is worth watching and worth crying over to. hahaha! I hope it is!

The first episode wasn't that awesome or what but I can see the substance of the story and I can feel like I am going to be amazed at how the broken pieces, like her father's fake death, Eun Sung and Hwan's twisted relationship, Eun Sung's stepmother and her materialistic evilness, will be put back together as the story progress. The actors were also able to relay to me their story. This is the first time I saw Lee Seung Ki in a role since the first time I saw him was in the variety show Strong Heart. I think it was easy for him to play the quiet and private side of Hwan but hard for the rebellious part since in Strong Heart, I saw him as this shy and good mannered type of guy. I hope he surprises me on how he's going to be the rebel in the story.

Hyo Joo is a great crier actress. She can easily cry and make her audience cry with her as well. It is rare for actresses to cry and still register a lovely face on screen. And she is able to do that with flying colors. In Spring Waltz, I think there was never an episode where she didn't cry so seeing her crying in SI is not really new but it just amazed me that she has improved a lot in crying and even on her funny and angry scenes, she was able to deliver them well.

All in all, I'm excited on how this story will unfold. I really don't want to know its ending so I really am avoiding reading its spoilers. Hahaha! I hope Eun Sung and Hwan get their fairytale ending since I can see that the story is patterned to Cinderella; with all the evil stepmom and stepsister. (LoL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment