Friday, January 22, 2010

Reminiscing You're Beautiful

I just finished the Korean Series You're Beautiful, starring Park Shin Ye and Jang Geun Suk, last weekend. OMG! Aside from Boys Over Flowers, it must be the best series of 2009! The plot was light and funny but also has power and substance at the same time. It may be a little overboard on the reality part since I really don't think someone can pull of a disguise like Go Mi Nam that long but all in all, I still can truly say, it's one of my favorite series to date now.

It's a musical at the same time. AN Jell, the series' fictional band, composed of Shin Ye, Geun Suk, Lee Hong Ki and Jung Yong Hwa, gave beautiful music to my ears. I love musicals. Period. The soundtrack still give me chills each time I hear their songs since I get to reminisce my favorite Tae Kyung and Mi Nam scenes and even wonder if Shin Woo Oppa was given the chance to show his love, would they have ended up together? Gah! I'm such a sucker for the good guys.

Pig rabbit. Stars. Tea. Pogs. Jolie. These are going to be the words that will stay with me forever and make me remember the good times that YB brought me. The dark will always remind me of Hwang Tae Kyung's night blindness. The magical bus will let me hear Jeremy's sad song over and over again. And teas are going to bring a smile to my face as I get to imagine Shinwoo-oppa offering it to me. Awh. If given the time, I will watch this over and over again. It's just so sad it ended at 16 episodes.

It was a bittersweet ending for me. Bitter for Shinwoo's broken heart but sweet for Tae Kyung and Min Yu's happy ending. I couldn't ask for more actually. It ended well. Oh what the heck! I wanted a wedding scene! I wanted to see this:

It would have been nice to see them at their wedding after Min Yu's travel to Africa. And see He Yi's dismayed face! ha! (UEE was a great villain! I love her and hate her at the same time! hahaha!)

I love the concert scene even though only Tae Kyung get to sing. It reminded me of Jang Geun Suk's Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do Movie. I would have loved it more if Shinwoo and Jeremy and the real Go Mi Nam get to perform! =) I was also hoping for a brother-sister bonding. I thought they would have atleast faked a Minam-Minyu convo or what just to show their sibling love but... oh well. What's done is done. Let's just hope that Manager Ma and Coordinator get to have lots of babies and Jeremy and Shinwoo get their own girls hahaha!

I would love an AN Jell reunion! That's why seeing their SBS Drama Awards performance over and over again gives me goosebumps over and over again too. AN Jell Hwaiting! Awh. I'll rerun this series for sure in the future and for sure I'll get to feel the same way about it as I have now.


AN Jell ROCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment